If you’re unfamiliar with the wonders of vitamin E – don’t worry, we’re here to help! There are eight different types of this vitamin, with ocopheryl acetate and tocopherol being the most common variants found in the skincare products that we know and love. This family of oil-soluble antioxidants is responsible for adding nourishment and protecting and healing our skin through its anti-inflammatory properties.
Here are some more benefits you should know about
- It treats hyperpigmentation when combined with vitamin C.
- It intensely moisturises the skin.
- It prevents further free radical damage from the daily oxidative stress our skin encounters.
- It helps prevent scar formation and heals wounds more quickly.
- It soothes through its anti-inflammatory agent (this includes UV damage).
- It treats dry, flaky skin and also helps with strengthening your skin barrier.
Food for thought
If you want to bump up your intake of this important vitamin through nutrition, include these foods in your diet: almonds, peanut butter, avocado, spinach, olive oil, pumpkin, beetroot greens, sunflower seeds, asparagus, mangoes, corn and wheat-germ oil.
Here Are The Products To Shop
Good to know
- Try a moisturiser with vitamin E if you’re new to the ingredient and if your skin is super sensitive.
- Having said that, vitamin E suits almost every skin type.
- It’s considered both an emollient for the skin (traps in moisture) and humectant (absorbs water).
- It’s a highly beneficial ingredient to include in your skincare routine for both your body and face.
- You’ll notice an instant change in your skin texture once applying this vitamin – it becomes softer, smoother and feels incredibly nourished.