First things first: having visible pores – along with other marks, specks and blemishes – is *completely* normal. No one has completely flawless skin and our pores allow us to sweat and cool down, as well as secrete the necessary oils to keep our skin moisturised.
View this post on Instagram
Despite the fact that we all have them, many people still feel self-conscious about the appearance of theirs. Large pores are even considered a legitimate concern now, with many skincare brands creating entire ranges dedicated to shrinking them.
Something you should know is that you can’t make them disappear – they are yours for life! There are, however, products and ingredients that can be used to diminish their appearance and conceal them for a filter-like finish.
Ingredients to use
There are several ingredients that are known for their pore-cleansing and diminishing properties. These include:
- AHAs and BHAs These are able to penetrate deep into your pores so that they are thoroughly cleansed.
- Clay Generally in the form of a face mask, clay is a great ingredient to absorb build-up from within your skin.
- Salicylic acid This ingredient is great for oily and acne-prone skin as it balances sebum production and prevents congested skin.
- Niacinamide This is one of the top-trending skincare ingredients of 2023 and is able to balance the production of sebum.
- Retinol A powerhouse ingredient that treats signs of ageing, it promotes the production of collagen for plumper, youthful skin.
- Make-up primer These products contain ingredients such as silicone that fill in pores for a smooth complexion.
While skin with visible pores is just as healthy and beautiful as skin with smaller ones, it’s nice to know that there are ways to take control of just how visible they are.
Pores? What pores?
Are you looking for products to add to your routine that will diminish the appearance of your pores? Shop them online or at your nearest Edgars store.