A nude lipstick will never go out of style. Year after year, we’ll see it make its way back to the list of must-have make-up in different variations, be it a high-shine gloss, shimmering sheer or opaque matte. We’re here to convince you that a nude lip product, whatever the finish, should be a staple in your make-up kit and handbag. It’s the perfect item to glam you up when you’re feeling down and is so effortless to apply, even if you don’t have access to a mirror. Before we introduce you to the most universal shades, here are more reasons you should add *that* gorgeous nude to your cart.
The Pros of Nude Lipstick
- Neutral, beige, tan, nude, flesh, sand, taupe, brown, champagne, even rose – nude lipstick shades come in a variety of colours, so next time you’re browsing the Edgars site, keep an eye out for these names. They’re wearable and adapt to your natural lip colour too. Just give it a few seconds after you’ve applied it.
- While we’re on the topic of application, using a lip pencil isn’t mandatory when applying a nude lipstick. You needn’t strive for perfection, as the majority of nude lipsticks match your natural lip shade. If you’ve over or under-applied, no-one will notice. Trust us.
- It’s the easiest product to use when you have to do a touch-up. You’ll never want to use a red lipstick again.
- A nude lip goes with any make-up style you choose, from a ‘no make-up-make-up’ look to a dramatic, smouldering eye and cheek combo.
- It pairs perfectly with any outfit choice too, ranging from casual everyday wear to bridal.
- Are you a self-professed make-up minimalist? That’s okay. Consider a nude lippy your ride-or-die if you could only take one product (other than sunscreen, of course) to a desert island.
- If you want to add volume to your pout, use a nude liner paired with its perfect nude lip shade and add a coating of transparent lip gloss.
Meet The Lippies...
New to the nude lip squad? We’ve got you covered. Presenting Essence Hydrating Nude Lipstick, a.k.a. the best starter nude you can get. It applies like a dream and keeps the lips feeling soft and nourished whilst delivering a rich, creamy pigment. Available in four universal shades and super easy on the pocket.
This nude deserves an A+ for its effortlessness. One single swipe of Rimmel’s Lasting Finish Extreme Lipstick in shade 200 Blush Touch is more on the pink side of the nude colour spectrum and lasts for hours on end. If you aren’t the biggest fan of lip touch-ups, this lipstick will become your new bestie. It’s comfortable, ultra-creamy and super lightweight.
Before we dive into why we love this lipstick, let it be known that she’s worth the splurge. The Bobbi Brown Luxe Shine Intense Lipstick in Bare Truth is more than just a make-up product, it’s an accessory for your handbag. It glides onto your lips and conditions them, allowing you to build up the colour intensity with each swipe. The finish is oh-so-shiny and uber-luxe, making it a one-of-a-kind nude.
There’s power in a matte lipstick and we’re not sure if it’s the staywear factor or the intense pigment – actually, we’re convinced it’s both. Either way, Maybelline’s Superstay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick in Seductress gives your lips the most flawless of finishes and stays put for a whopping 16 hours. The colour is pungent and eye-catching and a must for those who want to make a statement. Remember, a liquid lipstick has a rich formulation – a little goes a long way with just one swipe.
This luxurious, red velvet-encased lippy is the second splurge on our list, if you’re looking for another matte nude. It’s long-wearing and comfy on the lips from first application. The formula contains mango butter for intense nourishment. Although powdery in texture, this lippy doesn’t dry out the lips, it just delivers bold, opaque colour. 10/10 for the packaging!